Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Size Zero Namita!

After mentioning her in my previous blogpost I simply had to comment on this article!
I'm sure the news that Namita is going to the gym, probably to compete with Kareena Kapoor's size Zero image, must be shocking most of her fans. She's considered one of the hottest belles of the South Indian film industry (for the unfortunate ignorant lot!).
I saw this lady in Paris in 2006 and I have to say that she was really quite something - charming. Bumped into her in the Christian Dior showroom on Champs Elysees. She was wearing a cute lil mini frock and was quite a stunning picture in that dainty shop. She had some insignificant guys around her and was clinging onto one of them but as I said they were all insignificant. She bought a crate of perfumes, charmed the salesmen and walked down the famous road to her parked limousine. It was almost as if a path had opened up for her on the road - royal treatment on the busy road. People just stopped walking and kept staring - I suppose there's some air about these film stars which is really captivating.
I've met many film stars since my childhood but I've never seen this kind of appreciation on foreign streets! I need not say what my hubs reaction was - spellbound - I remember he called his best friend B in India right away to convey the news.
She wasn't the Namita of the Billa kinds - back then she was quite slimmer and prettier. Well, I'm sure the gymming will help her get meatier meaningful roles than the cheapster roles she's been getting into!
All the best to her!

No comments: