Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Media Overdose!

Everyone nowadays seems to be complaining about the Media and the exaggerated information that is conveyed regularly by them.
Look at it within the backdrop of the economic recession and every Tom, Dick and Jane (sorry Harry got lost) starting new media ventures. What will they do? They have to repeat every damn newstelecast and invent or create news.
I read about Monsieur Gaston Leroux of the Phantom of The Opera fame who created an entire civil war story during the pre-WWI era. He had overslept through a station that he had to get off at and invented a whole new story of the military's deception in that country. He sent it to the UK and US creating discord and changing history once and for all for an X country.
So inventing and exaggeration has been in existence for almost a century now. We poor unfortunate readers sometimes simply get carried away with all this.
For instance my homepage is AOL and I keep getting harassed by completly unnecessary pieces of information ranging from Michelle Obama's undergarments brands to President Kgalema Motlanthe's rapist tribal backgroud to Namita going to the gym! Yes, I would die without these pieces of information - thanks very much!
The worst info I read recently which brought on this media tirade was the Air France crash - Ok fine all of us know there's been an accident, we've sympathised with the victims, I've shed many tears prayed for their souls and Im at peace now - but the media didnt want to leave me alone! I had to be harassed with information on how the jet blew up in the air and why the recovered bodies had multiple fractures and the technical details and pictures and diagrams explaining it.
I have a choice to close my eyes but unfortunately once you are educated words just jump at you and your mind automatically reads them even if you DON'T want to!
If anyone finds a solution to this kindly let me know...
(P.S. Anu - nothing to do with u or ur style of writing - just a general observation - I'm sure u'll agree with me!)

No comments: