Monday, February 23, 2009

The Oscar goes to...

After all that Oscar mania I was really tempted to day dream a little more. I hit upon the idea that I should ask my friends what they like the best about me and if I had to win an award what category would they think I would get it!

Everything need not be Filmi like screenplay or direction so I asked them to get as creative as possible. I received nothing less that 26 categories some outrageous comedies and some really sincere compliments. But why this exercise - simply to feel good - sounds like Vanity too but then a woman requires a little pampering now and then - such exercises can be excused.

Here are some of the awards categories (in no particular order) that I'm entitled to:

- Best Troublemaker (this one is my favorite)

- Best Useless Fellow (that's my hubs decision and his pet name for me)

- Best Fight Master (this one is grrr - dunno wht's that for I'm the most peaceful person in this universe right!)

- Best Comedian (I liked this coz it sounds better than Joker)

- Best Attire (hmm thats nice!)

- Best Irritating Positive Outlook (that's from someone who is really bugged with me)

- Best Cheerful Face (I can't imagine how I look w/o this face- born with it)

- Most Vivacious Person (nothing to beat this & only a best friend can say such things)

- Best Lazy Oaf (thats from my dear sister and seconded by mom - they know me the best - wow what love!)

And the Oscar goes to...

My Oscar speech:

I'm so thrilled (sniff sniff) - never expected that I had such friends - well from now on these titles become synonymous with my name and I have to get used to it (sniff sniff). Before I get emotional I wish to thank all the people who supported me in my life- my dad, my mom, my hubs, my sis, my BIL, my nephews, my doggie, my first class teacher, my neighbours father, his daugher and her friends and my aunt's sister and all those thousands of people out there viewing(reading) this post and encouraging me! (Also have to thank George Clooney for inspiring me to create this speech!!!)

P.S. Any additional awards will be screened and scrutinised by the awarding committee. Entries to be sent through the comments box!

2 comments:

shailugupta said...

Best UPS also. Keep 'REACH'ing OUT to her for 'REACH'arging myself.
:)

Priya said...

Thanks Shylu u r such a great morale booster!